I think this granola tastes so much better than store-bought brands. It’s also a lot lower in sugar. If you want to add raisins or other dried fruit, add after the cereal has cooled completely.
- 4 cups rolled oats (not-quick cooking)
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup whole flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Spread rolled oats evenly on a jelly roll pan and toast in oven for ten minutes, stirring once.
- Remove oats from oven transfer to a large mixing bowl with nuts and seeds.
- Combine honey and oil and heat over low heat (or place in microwave for a few seconds). Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Pour heated honey mixture over toasted oats and toss to coat.
- Spread mixture on jelly roll pan and return to oven for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Makes about 6 cups.