About Monica Reinagel
I’m a licensed nutritionist with a Master’s of Science in Human Nutrition. I also went to culinary school. But long before all of that, I went to music school and studied to be an opera singer–which is what I spent the first half of my professional life doing. (Hence my alter-ego, The Nutrition Diva).
These days, I spend most of my time writing and speaking about food and nutrition, and helping people create healthier lives. Click here to learn about my health and nutrition coaching programs. More info on my keynote speeches is available through the Macmillan Speakers Bureau.
I also host the Change Academy and Nutrition Diva podcasts, write for Medium.com, Scientific American, Food & Nutrition Magazine, and am a guest on shows like the TODAY show, CBS News, and NPR’s Morning Edition. I even still manage to squeeze in the occasional singing gig. On days off, you’re likely to find me cooking, gardening, playing tennis, or reading on the porch. I live in Baltimore, MD.
- Master’s of Science in Human Nutrition
- Licensed nutritionist (Maryland)
- Board Certified Nutrition Specialist
- Culinary Training: L’Academie de Cuisine
- Professional Affiliations: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, American College of Nutrition, American College of Lifestyle Medicine, Association of Health Care Journalists
- Books: Nutrition Diva’s Secrets for a Healthy Diet (2011), Inflammation Free Diet Plan (2006), How to Win at Losing (2012), Nutrition Diva’s Guide to the Grocery Store (2012), The Life Extension Revolution (2005, with Philip Miller, MD), Secrets of Evening Primrose Oil (2000)