Avocado and grapefruit salads are a familiar theme but the added texture of the celery and a piquant chili-lime dressing add new life to an old favorite. Pack it for lunch with a hard-boiled egg for protein. The lime juice in the dressing will keep the avocado from browning.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, peeled and cubed. (See The Easy Way to Cube and Avocado)
- 1 cup celery hearts, sliced in 1/2″ pieces
In a large salad bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, honey, and chili powder until emulsified. Add grapefruit, avocado, and celery in large bowl and toss gently to combine. Serves 4.