A huge–and growing–body of research suggests that closely following a Mediterranean dietary pattern can help you live a long and healthy life.
How similar is your diet to the mythical Mediterranean Diet studied by researchers? Answer these 9 questions to get your score. (Adapted from Oldways)
Give yourself 1 point for every Yes, 0 points for every No.
1. I eat at least 2 cups of vegetables every day.
2. I eat 2 or more pieces of fruit a day.
3. I eat 2 or more servings of whole grains a day.
4. I eat fish 2 or more times a week.
5. I eat beans or legumes 4 or more times a week.
6. I eat nuts or seeds almost every day.
7. I use olive oil as my main source of fat.
8. I drink a glass of red wine (but no more than 2) most days.
9. I eat red meat no more than once a week.
If you scored 8 or 9, your diet is highly consistent with the ideal Mediterranean diet pattern.
If you scored 6-7, your diet has a lot in common with the ideal Mediterreanean diet pattern.
If you scored 4-5, your diet includes some elements of the ideal Mediterreanean diet pattern.
If you scored 0-3, your diet is not consistent with the ideal Mediterreanean diet pattern.
See also this recent episode of the Nutrition Diva podcast
One thought on “Calculate your Mediterranean Diet Score”
So I’m 48 and 5/6 and want to lose weight. Looking for a iPhone app to track this. Can’t figure out which one to use? Thanks