Chances are good that someone at your Thanksgiving table this year will be avoiding gluten. Here’s a fantastic no-bake option from Chef Jusin Swain of REX 1516 in Philadelphia.
2 1/4 cup ground raw hazelnuts
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut oil
9 dates, stoned
- Place hazelnuts and cocoa powder in a large bowl and mix well, breaking up any lumps.
- Add coconut oil to powder mixture and mix well.
- Place dates in a small bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add dates to dough-like mixture and combine well with hands.
- Place crust into 9-inch round pie pan.
- Place crust in refrigerator while making filling.
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon molasses
2 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- Beat cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric stand mixer until smooth and creamy. Both fats should be well softened to ensure the filling is lump free.
- Add the powdered sugar to the mixture and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract, molasses, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree and beat until thoroughly combined. If you find that your filling is lumpy, pass it through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Spoon the filling into the pie shell. Let pie chill in the fridge overnight. (very important that it chills overnight or it won’t set up.
One thought on “Gluten-free pumpkin pie recipe”
Great recipe! I also really like your ‘stealthy healthy’ pumpkin avocado recipe too!