Monica Reinagel, MS, LD/N, CNS is a board-certified, licensed nutritionist and professionally trained chef. Her “sane and scientific” approach and “foodie-friendly” advice is regularly featured on the TODAY show, Dr. Oz, CBS News, Morning Edition, and in the nation’s leading newspapers, magazines, and websites.
Monica reaches over million readers and listeners every month through a wide variety of media channels. She’s a regular contributor to the Huffington Post, Scientific American, Food and Nutrition magazine, My Fitness Pal, a featured commentator for WYPR-FM and WOSU-FM, as well as a busy public speaker and educator.
She’s also creator of the Nutrition Diva podcast, one of iTunes’ most highly ranked health and fitness podcasts since its debut in 2008, with more than 400 episodes and over 28 million downloads in 189 countries. The Nutrition Diva podcast is a featured in-flight audio selection on United Airlines.
Monica is the author of six books, including Nutrition Diva’s Secrets for a Healthy Diet, The Inflammation-Free Diet Plan, and How to Win at Losing. Her nutrition blog and coaching programs are found at NutritionOverEasy.com.
She has served as a spokesperson and media representative for the Hass Avocado Board, California Raisin Marketing Board, KIND snacks, Abbot Laboratories and as a consultant to numerous restaurants, food, and nutrition-related companies. Monica previously served as Chief Nutritionist and Editorial Director for NutritionData.com at Conde Nast.
Professional affiliations include the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the International Association of Culinary Professionals, the American College of Nutrition, and the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Master’s of Science in Human Nutrition, University of Bridgeport
- Licensed nutritionist (Maryland)
- Board Certified Nutrition Specialist
- Culinary Training: L’Academie de Cuisine
- Professional Affiliations: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, American College of Nutrition, International Association of Culinary Professional, Association of Health Care Journalists
- Books: Nutrition Diva’s Secrets for a Healthy Diet (2011), Inflammation Free Diet Plan (2006), How to Win at Losing (2012), Nutrition Diva’s Guide to the Grocery Store (2011), The Life Extension Revolution (2005, with Philip Miller, MD), Secrets of Evening Primrose Oil (2000)